Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/serialst/public_html/whichagilecertification.com/wp-content/plugins/OptinSkin/front/front_main.php on line 141
The Project Management Institute (PMI) is the certifying body for several of the popular project management related certifications. They publish the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), currently in its fifth edition, which is essentially the bible to project managers.
Certifications Offered by Project Management Institute (PMI)
Project Management Institute (PMI) offers 8 certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) – The most popular certification for project managers
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) – This is the only agile specific certification
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
Now, only one of these certification is directly related to Agile, but we are listing all of the certifications because you are likely to see them in the companies that you are working with. Given that historically PMI has been the de facto certification company for all project, program and portfolio related roles.